Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 January 2012

My second toile

Even though my first dress is not quite finished in its final fabric yet, i thought i may as well get started on my second toile, which will be a short three tiered dress, with a bodice to the waist. This dress once made in the final fabric, will be edged with the same heavily beaded trim around the waist, as on my first dress, and the same scalloped trim along the bodice top, and also along each layer of the skirt. The final dress will also have more volume, as there will be netting underneath to add structure.




It's getting really exciting now to see my garments coming together, and forming a collection. I am currently in the stages of producing letters to fabric companies, asking for sponsorship of fabric for my collection, as it is proving very expensive to create with the beaded trims. So hopefully i will get some successful responses, and be able to continue with my collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment